Basis for Data Collection
The processing of your personal data (i.e. any data that reasonably permits identification of you in person: personal data) is necessary to comply with our contractual obligations to you and to enable us to provide you with our services, protect our legitimate interests, and comply with legal and financial obligations to which we are subject.
What information is collected?
We collect two types of data and information from users.
The first category includes non-identifying and non-identifiable user information provided or collected through use of the site (“Non-Personal Information”). We do not know the identity of the user from whom non-personally identifiable information was collected. Non-personally identifiable information that may be collected includes aggregate usage data and technical data provided by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g., browser and operating system used on the device, language preference, access time, etc.). We use this information to improve the functionality of our website. We may also collect information about your activity on the site (e.g., pages viewed, surfing patterns, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second category includes personal data, i.e. data that identifies an individual or can be identified by appropriate means. Such information includes:
- Device data: We collect personally identifiable information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., MAC address and UUID), and other information resulting from your activity on the site.
- Email forms: When you register on one of our mail forms, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your first and last name, e-mail address or postal address or other information. Your consent will be obtained for the processing of the data during the sending process and reference will be made to this data protection declaration. The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. The revocation of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out since your consent up to the point of revocation.
How do we obtain data about you?
We obtain your personal data from various sources:
- You provide us with such data voluntarily, for example when registering on our website.
- We receive such data when you use our website or access it in connection with one of our services.
- We obtain such information from other providers, services and public registries (for example, data traffic analysis providers).
What information is collected?
We use data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you (sending notices regarding our services, providing technical information and, where appropriate, processing customer service requests).
- Information about new updates and services.
- To place advertisements within the scope of using our website (further information under “Advertising”).
- To market our websites and products (more information under “Marketing”).
- For statistical and analytical purposes, that serve to improve the website.
Hosting and operating our website
- Provide our services, including the personalized display of our website.
- Store and process such data on our behalf.
- Placing ads and the possibility to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, retargeting of users
- Provision of marketing offers and promotional materials in connection with our website and services
- Performing studies, technical diagnoses or analyses
We may also disclose information if we believe in good faith that this is helpful or appropriate to provide: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement) and investigate any potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other misconduct, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) pursue or enforce our own legal claims; or defend us against the claims of others; (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, your safety or the safety of others; or (vi) cooperate with law enforcement authorities and/or protect intellectual property or other legal claims.
You have the following rights:
- A confirmation of whether and to what extent your personal data is used and processed, and to request access to the personal data stored about you and additional information
- Request a copy of the personal data that you have voluntarily provided to us in a structured, common, machine-readable format
- Request a correction of the personal data that we have stored about you
- Request the deletion of your personal data
- Oppose the processing of your personal data by us
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data by us
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority
Please note, however, that these rights are not unconditional, but are subject to our own legitimate interests as well as governmental regulations.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed here or if you require further information, please contact our data protection officer at: email@example.com
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods vary depending on the type of information collected and the purpose for which it was collected, considering both case-specific circumstances and the need to delete outdated, unused information as soon as possible. We retain records of customer personal information, account setup documents, communications and other data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may correct, complete or remove incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and in our sole discretion.
A “cookie” is a small unit of data that a website transfers to your device when you visit it. Cookies are very useful and can be used for various purposes. These include trouble-free page navigation, the possible automatic activation of certain functions, the storage of your settings and a quick and easy interaction between you and our services. Cookies are also used to show you relevant advertisements of interest to you and to compile statistics about your use of our services.
The following types of cookies are used on the website:
a. “Session cookies” are only used temporarily during a browser session to enable normal system use. These cookies are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
b. “Persistent cookies” are only used by the Web
c. “Third party cookies” are placed by other online services that execute content on the page displayed, for example, by external analysis companies that monitor and analyze access to our website.
Cookies do not contain any data by which you can be identified. Personal data that we store about you may be linked by us to the data stored in cookies and retrieved by cookies. Information on how to remove these cookies can be found in the instructions in the device settings. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent some features of our website from working properly and may limit your online experience.
Collection of data by third parties
How do we protect your information?
Transmission of data outside the European Economic Area
Please note that some recipients may not be in the European Economic Area. If this is the case, we will only transfer your data to countries approved by the European Commission with an adequate level of data protection or where a legal agreement ensures an adequate level of data protection.
When you access our Web site, we may serve ads using third-party ad serving technology. This technology uses your usage data from the services to serve ads (for example, by placing third-party cookies in your web browser).
You can opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For information about the practices of NAI and DAA members, your options regarding the use of such information by these companies, and how to opt out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or forward it to an external sub-contractor to provide you with promotional materials regarding our services that may be of interest to you.
We respect your right to privacy. Therefore, these marketing materials will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from further mailings. If you unsubscribe, your email address or telephone number will be removed from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even after you unsubscribe from receiving our marketing emails, we will continue to send you emails with important information that do not include an unsubscribe option. This includes maintenance or administrative notices.
Protecting the privacy of children is particularly important in the online environment. The website is not designed for and is not directed at children. The use of our services by minors is only permitted with the prior consent or authorization of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach us at
If you have general questions about the website, the information we collect about you or the use of that information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated February 7th, 2020